Thursday, March 5, 2009

Guess what?

I'm planning on taking some photos of my funny old house this evening when the light is nice. I'll post them tomorrow. Things are going quite well with the settling in process and I am starting to feel caught up on my sleep and less sore. I have missed my boot camp workouts this week as I was so sore after the move I figured I got quite a bit of exercise, thank you very much. I am going to shoot for tomorrow morning's class and see how it goes.
I think one of the things I am enjoying the most about our new home is the quiet. I have lived on Main Street for the last 7 years and the sound of traffic was not something I ever really got used to. What I am hearing right now are birds and the odd car going by. That's it. When it rains I can hear the rain hitting the trees and the grass instead of the angry sound of car wheels cutting through traffic on wet pavement. It's a big thing for me.
I am still working on the bedroom and getting all of my clothes sorted, some will be stored for next season and others donated and passed on to friends. I decided I can't start my life here with bulging closets so I have to make room for the new and let go of some of the old.
I need to hang my art and we also need to set up the basement so we can start having rehearsals for upcoming gigs and such. Can't wait for that!
Our new home is about 2 blocks away from the newly built Olympic Curling Rink so this neighbourhood is destined to be awash in Olympic-ness come next year. The other day when I went out to the car I noticed some city workers cleaning the dirt out of the cracks in the sidewalk, I have also noticed large rodent (rat?) traps around the area including my back yard, put out by the city. I hope they come and clean them out because, ew. I figure as the Olympics get closer we will be able to eat right off the sidewalk, they'll be so clean. Good to know my tax dollars are hard at work. We are not huge supporters of having the games in our city, the cost is so enormous and we aren't really interested in being here when the games are on. More about that later.
Last night T and her little boy and our friend Niki came by to see the new house. Not only did they come in for a nice visit and a bite to eat, but T also went all the way down the stairs to look at the basement. I couldn't believe she had the strength to do it and I know it was hard for her but I so admire her strength and determination. She also baked us cookies! I think she has been feeling a little better and has been pretty stable lately. It was such a gift to have her here and she loves our new home.
I am so behind in my cyber life. I haven't had a chance to catch up with all my blogs and see how my friends are doing. I will try to catch up tonight.
Have a great day!!

No comments:

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!