Thursday, December 4, 2008

Were did I go today?


Today, business and pleasure took Lorna and I into beautiful Steveston Village . We had a not too bad lunch and even a nice spicy Caesar to celebrate Lorna and G. closing on their new house. Congratulations guys! After our lunch and a meeting with our friend/advisor Karin we took a walk in the village and checked out a few of the shops.



This is in a store called the Prickly Pear. Yup, it's an upside down Christmas tree. I think it's really cute and I love the way the ornaments hang off of it. I was somewhat inspired to decorate our little home this season. Time will tell weather I will actually dig the decorations out of the storage area and put them out. There's probably about a 50/50 chance. I will keep you posted.
We went into a beautiful butchers and I must say I really like this shot of all the yummy cuts of meat. Sorry to all of my vegetarian readers. I bought half of a marinated pork roast and some garlic mashed potatoes. We had it with pickled red cabbage and apples from a jar and broccoli and cauliflower florets. Pretty good actually.
This is a fun picture of a Greek restaurant that is probably a hoot in the summer.
I had to snap this shot out the window while we were driving of this spectacular sunset. This was the true colour of the sky. Amazing!
I love my little Sony Cyber-shot DSC-t70 . It wasn't expensive and I can carry it in my purse all the time, whip it out for a quick photo before anyone notices and share the photos with you here. I have never had a camera that I actually enjoyed using before this and I am so happy to have found this one.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

We were planning on going to Steveston on Sunday - too funny!
Great photo - I carry my little camera in my purse too - but don't pull it out nearly as often as I should.
Life's going to be really different with Lorna living farther away from you - are you planning on moving too?

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

I'm not planning on moving away from Vancouver anytime soon. We have too many music and friend and work things here.

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!