Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Are we home yet?

Here I am on the ferry heading for The Sunshine Coast to help Lorna and George settle in to their new home. The clouds were low and snow was a bit of a threat but mostly it just rained on Friday. I had a nice trip over and when I arrived at their house the movers had already left and it was all about unpacking and setting up. My favourite part. I didn't really do much to help but after dinner we had the bedrooms set up and I could see why they were looking so longingly at this delicious bed after a couple of hard days of packing and moving. While I was cooking dinner Lorna snuck away and made the guest bed up with fresh sheets and a cool jug of water for me. Nice!

We watched a movie and then I sent them to bed. I don't think I have ever seen anybody so happy to hit the sack in my whole life.

Here they are enjoying what was to be a great sleep in their new home. Congratulations you two, I am sure you will have many special times in you sweet new home!



After coffee and a nice breakfast the next day, I said goodbye and headed over to Dave and Chari's for what was supposed to be a quick visit before I got on the ferry. Before I arrived at their place what had been rain turned to slush and then a thick, heavy snow. I was headed up a hill and by the time I arrived at their place it was snowing heavily. One drink turned into two and I decided to just stay over and leave in the morning. We had a nice visit some amazing food a movie and a good sleep. I was up and out in the morning and back at home by noon Sunday. I spent the rest of my day hanging out with Superman and when he went out to get something for us to eat I was feeling pretty lazy and not much like cooking. When SM walked in the door with a big bag of fresh, hot Chinese food from our favourite neighbourhood restaurant I was feeling like a pretty lucky girl.
It's good to be home.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

Wow! That sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend! It's like a dreamy movie scene!
It's good to be you!
I'm so glad that everything went well.

bodalorna said...

Ha! Thanks for posting that pic. I'll always remember that first night in the comfy bed. You forgot a very important part of your stay here - the part where you pretty much set up my kitchen and cooked us a yummy comfort food dinner!!! Thanks for all you do.

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!