Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My way?

Why can't we sleep? I woke up at about 4am this morning and tossed and turned and then finally got up at about 7, checked my Facebook and guess what, a bunch of comments about people having lousy sleeps. I sometimes wonder if there is something in the air, or maybe it's the moon?? Now I'm drinking coffee and eating corn muffins that I baked last night.

I know, I don't have too much to say these days. My friend T is getting sicker and to be honest we (those who love her) are all dealing with this fact the best way we can. I think my friend Robin described it best when she said "we are all feeling undone". I feel undone. I can't really talk about it here, it's too much.

This Saturday I am going to a wedding show with my newly engaged Sister-in-law. I always scoffed at wedding trade shows but I think this one may be right up my aisle. Indie I Do. Check it out!

Speaking of weddings, my goal this week is to set a date. I know I have already left some things too late to plan our wedding for this summer. I am hoping it won't matter as I am not having a traditional wedding but honestly a lot of stuff is already fully booked for this year in the wedding world. All the more reason to make it an "alternative" wedding.
It will be a wedding though, as opposed to an alternative to a wedding like we've had for the last 20 years.
I am mostly interested in getting married without spending bucket loads of money. That would be pretty alternative.

1 comment:

bodalorna said...

I know why I couldn't sleep - 4 calls on my cell phone at 2:30 in the morning! I think it's someone trying to fax. I turned the phone off after the 2nd call but by then I was wide awake. Happy wedding thoughts to you!

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!