Friday, August 1, 2008

Will you do your Civic Duty?


August 2, 2008
Mayne Island Community Centre Presents a
‘Hootenanny’
Community Dance Hosted By: Spank the Kitty
Featured Performers are" Spank The KittyFeaturing guest performers from:The Burrs, Boomchix,Wichita Trip & Mayne IslandSaturday, August 2 ~ 8:00 PM ~
Advance ticket: $10 / At The Door: $12 / Teens: $5Children under 12: Free
Tickets available at:Happy Tides Health Food, Tree Frog Gallery & The Trading Post

We are off to Mayne Island tonight to play this show on Saturday night.!
We've never been to Mayne Island so I am really looking forward to it. One of the organisers lives here in Vancouver but has a house over there so we will be comfortable and well looked after. Good thing because right now it's raining very, very hard. It is supposed to clear up by tomorrow, I predict it will stop raining by dinner time. Apparently Mayne Island gets a lot less rain than we do on the mainland. We won't be tenting so I'm not too worried. I am hoping to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and definitely want to try to get some swimming and beach time in. We are scheduled to go back again next weekend to play at a wedding. That should be fun too!
The great thing is, the people we are going over with to play both shows are the friends that we usually hang out with on the weekends. It's rare when you can get out of town with a whole group of folks that you like and get along with. Fun!
I will update with stories and lots of pictures when I get back on Sunday.

Monday is a holiday here in Canada, I just realized I don't know why. I looked it up and I found this on a government website:

August 4th,

Civic Holiday in Canada. The intent of the Civic Holiday is to "not work". So please don't work on Civic Holiday! In Canada Civic Holiday is in most cases the first Monday of August.

Ha! That's enough reason for me.

Happy Civic Holiday fellow Canuckers.

I love this country!

No comments:

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!