Saturday, June 21, 2008

Is today Seniors Day?



First off I want to apologise for not writing for a few days, I was busy switching gears. As of right now I am on a vacation of sorts. I am cat sitting for my mother-in-law in beautiful White Rock, British Columbia. I am staying in her two bedroom condo with the ocean views and the fat orange cat and I am finding it to be a bit of an adjustment. First of all it's quiet, eerily quiet. Since I have been here I haven't heard a dog bark, squealing tires, a car alarm or even a raised voice. It's just silence and the odd screech of a seagull. Compared to living on a very busy major artery in Vancouver this is like hanging out in a library.

Then there are the seniors. They are all here. The building I am staying in is seniors only, in three days I have run into one person in the underground parking area. I felt the need to tell her I was house sitting and she wanted to know who for. She was a bit snippy with me until I mentioned I was looking after the cat and then she softened right up. She also has a cat.That's nice.

I miss a few things being here, it's anywhere from a 45 minutes to an hour away from my place. I have to cross a bridge and go through a tunnel, lots of traffic if I don't time it just right. I also miss my huge closet full of clothes. I miss my wardrobe, is that bad? I showed up here with a suitcase and a bag and quickly realized that I had brought more cosmetics and beauty products with me than my MIL owned in her whole life. My MIL lives simply and frugally unlike myself. I am going to try to embrace this style of living. I'm not going to worry about what I wear, just be casual in shorts and tee shirts. I'm going to try and plan simple, healthy meals, take long walks everyday, spend as much time as I can on the beach and read some good books. I am also looking forward to having some of the girls over for a sip and bitch.

I also miss Superman and his Super Parts. Oh well, it's only been a couple of days.

I will try to update every day and hopefully find that connector thingy for my camera so I can upload some pictures.

Still waiting for the sunshine...

1 comment:

bodalorna said...

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy! I just read that there's a nudie beach in White Rock. Hmmm???

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!