Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Did you say kick or kiss?


There has been a shift. It's that time when the summer days get shorter, the evenings get cooler and it starts to smell a little like fall. I love this time of year. I know that I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I am enjoying this time of year so much right now.
I've started my boot camp now and because we are working out outside I'm trying to enjoy it like being a kid, running around. The great thing about working out this way is the way the circuits are short and sweet but oh so intense. It's true, I can do anything for 30 seconds or 3 laps or just 3 more reps. Our trainer is great, so positive and fun. I feel comfortable breathing hard and sweating like a pig. Oh yes, I am sweating harder than I have in a long, long time. Yes, it's good for me. It's time to push myself. Yes, I'm sore, but you know, it's not all that bad. I hope I can keep it up, I really do. I need this, having my ass kicked.
The other part of the shift is work related. After a really lovely, low stress summer of swimming every morning and working just a few hours a day things have ramped up big time. It's just that time of year. We have been spending a lot of time at the fashion market buying for next Spring. It's a tough thing to get ones head around. Trying to figure out what people are going to want to buy in the shop two seasons away can be difficult. The hardest part is making sure that what we order is what we get. It's really disappointing when orders get screwed up and things don't look or fit the way they are supposed to when we finally get them. There are a lot of preconceived notions about the particular segment of the fashion industry we cater to and apparently we are expecting more than the industry is used to giving. That's okay because it's a great opportunity to teach and learn together. And kick some ass.
I've got to say, I am looking forward to taking this season on full force and making some great things happen. I plan to keep having fun too. So there.
I am rather pooped though.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

bodalorna said...

I know, right?

Way Out Wear said...

sounds excellent and very exciting. I'm sure you'll look back in a few months and be so glad that you did!

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!