Monday, September 29, 2008

How was YOUR weekend?


So much doing this last weekend!


Friday night, checked out a gig across the street at The Cottage Bistro, had a great time watching The Burrs play their first show. Lorna and George ran into us on the street just after the show and convinced me to pop over to their place for a night cap. I love all the fun things I can get up to in my own neighbourhood. It's so great not to have to worry about driving or taking cabs and just walking around the hood. Love it.

Saturday night, my band Boomchix played our first show in months at The Princeton Pub. I felt so good to get up on stage again and rock the joint. I forget how much I miss it until I am up on stage again. It feels like breathing to me. Love it. After the show we wandered over to Janice's place and continued the party a little.

I was so hyped up, got home late and then couldn't sleep. I knew I had to be up early and that's all I could think about. I got into that mind set where the more you think about not sleeping and how much you need to sleep the harder it is to shut down. After about 3-4 hours of sleep I had to get up and make myself pretty for a baby shower all the way over in Ladner. My SIL is having a baby in November. It was up to me to get my Mother-in-law to the shower and then back home to White Rock. Lots of driving , didn't get back home until after 6. Sooooo tired. Hit the couch and tried to stay awake until Mad Men was over. Lord knows I tried to go to bed early but...I couldn't sleep. Another long night of, "I have to get to sleep, I have bootcamp in the morning!" I figure I got 4-5 hours last night but...

I went to bootcamp this morning and I rocked! I worked out hard and it felt really good. I feel so much stronger than when I started, my stamina is better and my core and balance are so much better. Can't wait to see how I feel when the 10 weeks are done.

I need to have a strong balanced week because I have two more gigs this weekend. That's what I am building my stamina for, the weekends.

No comments:

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!