Saturday, September 6, 2008

Seven random things about me?

Lorna sent me a MEME ...
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.




-I was the only girl in the BC Lacrosse Association from the ages of about 9-11. Some of my friends said they were going to join too but they never showed up to the sign up. My Dad took me and they basically told him that I couldn't join because I was a girl. He told them to show him where it said that in the rules. They couldn't prove it so he signed me up. When I first showed up to practice the guys on my team were pissed off because they had a girl on their team. They hit me harder and played against me until I proved myself. Once they decided I was okay they became fiercely protective of me when we played other teams. If I got hit hard because I was a girl my guys would knock the shit out of the offender. Eventually our team made it to the final game of the provincials. We lost in sudden death, tie breaking over-time. I quit a couple of years later when the boys started getting too big and my Dad kept bringing home new types of protective padding for me to wear. The "lady cup" was the last straw.

-I started singing "professionally" when I was 15 years old.

-I never saw a Star Wars movie of any kind until I was in my mid 30's. I was really proud of that too.

-When I was a kid we had three different dogs that we named Buffy. We just missed the one before and kept naming them the same because it was easier than starting over.

-I can't drive by cows without honking at them.

-I once participated in breaking a world record. The most people playing the same song for the longest period of time, or something like that. It involved scores of people, I don't remember how many , playing Taking Care of Business with members of BTO in downtown Vancouver. I got a certificate to prove it.

-I love my cartoons with lots of swears. I am like a 14 year old boy in that respect.

I'm not too sure who I can send this to. I'll figure it out later.

1 comment:

Way Out Wear said...

That's terrific - very interesting.
I love the part about honking at cows, my hubby does that too!
Good for you for playing lacrosse for so many years! My mum wanted to pull me out of grass hockey because she said I was too agressive when I came home from practice.

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!