Sunday, July 13, 2008

Can I do it?



This pretty much sums up our Sunday. To be fair we haven't had a "sit on your fat ass all day" day in a long while. At least not together. Superman and I have been separated for a few weeks due to me house sitting for his Mom so we are just working on getting it together as an "us" again. It's not really a problem but I am a very independent person and sometimes I need to check in and make sure we are on the same page. The apartment is still a mess but I have managed to put a bit of a dent in the chaos. Still plenty to do but it's too hot in here to really work that hard.

Superman's band had a show last night at The Princeton pub. It was a pretty good show and he invited me up on stage for a song so that made it a lot of fun. It was a bit of a crazy vibe in that place last night I find it's been pretty easy to find the crazy these days. Maybe it's the heat? After the show we headed to a house party that we were invited to. There were a bunch of musicians there and we were told there would be lots of jamming. Fun! Except by the time we got there the police had already been around to shut down the outdoor jamming. The cops said they had 14 complaints. Folks just moved inside and started singing and playing. The police came again and the party was basically shut down, they were nice about it. I think it was about 2:30 or 3ish so we made our way home.

Jamming at parties can be fun but often it can take one person to ruin the whole thing. As was the case last night, one person, very drunk, thought they were singing along but really it was more like howling. Just a constant howling noise. And loud too. I've had people do this at gigs too. They honestly think they are singing along but really it's more of a broken wailing. I am all for inclusion but sometimes it makes it hard to, you know, make music. In a social setting you really can't say anything. It is what it is.

I'm off to Kits Pool again tomorrow. I am getting so much out of my daily swim. Exercise is only part of it. Just being outdoors in the sun, moving my body and enjoying the view. Definitely found my happy place.

Hope your weekend was great and your Monday even better. What?? It could happen.

No comments:

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!