Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How's the weather?


I woke up to a charlie horse in my calf this morning. That's what I call a rude awakening.

Yesterday I went to Ikea. I wanted to deal with the problem of scorching sunlight landing on our bed at 5:30 in the morning. We just haven't been getting good sleeps and you know how that can start to take a toll after awhile.

The entire east facing wall in the bedroom is window and even though there are blinds the searing heat was sneaking through and making our heads smoke like sunlight on a vampire. I installed a wall of curtains, they are a brownish colour that I am not sure I like. I was debating on a dark colour or a thick, white fabric. I love the look of the white, it keeps an airy fresh feeling in the room but I was scared they wouldn't block as much light so I opted for the darker colour.

We noticed right away last night at bedtime, the room was much darker and the traffic noise seemed a little quieter too.

When I woke up this morning after I got over the searing pain of my charlie horse I realized that I had slept through the morning and the room was still cozy and darkened. Very nice! I started to imagine the good old days of sleeping in late. I was so proud of myself for making such a huge improvement. I had obviously made a perfect choice when picking my curtain fabric. Good for me. I got out of bed and went into the living room and that's when I realized that after weeks of hot sunny weather, I woke up to a cloudy day.

The true test is yet to come.

1 comment:

bodalorna said...

That's funny! Not the charlie horse part, tho'. Your bed looks so nice and fresh. Hmmm...maybe I should hop back into mine???

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!