Thursday, May 22, 2008

did you do that on purpose?

So, I'm blond. Actually I'm BLOND! I totally called it. I used the hair colour kit I had and that brought it to an interesting shade of strawberry blond. My boy said it was no good and the neighbour I met in the parking garage on my way to the drug store said it didn't suit my face. Sooooo, off to Shoppers Drug Mart to chat with the lovely girl in the cosmetics section who admitted she really didn't know anything about hair colour. sigh.
We chose Loreal Fieria #205 Extra Bleach Blond with an extra packet of bleach included. I came home and mixed it up, it said not to get it directly on my scalp but my hair is only a couple of centimetres long, and fine. What followed was a most excruciating hour. It burned and it itched but boy did it go blond. When i finally washed it off I had what I can only describe as chemical burns on my scalp, my neck, and my hands! My hair was so light and my scalp was so red it shone right through. Soooo attractive!
I lathered on the 100% shea butter and went to bed. My head kinda hurt when it met the pillow. All in all pretty unpleasant. This morning I have super blond hair with a touch of yellow. I think the blue shampoo I have will get rid of that. My skin is calming down too.
I always feel like a total dork when I first bleach it like this. In a couple of weeks, I'll have roots and it will look cool, In the mean time, I have hats.

No comments:

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!