Friday, May 30, 2008

how do you feel about shoes?

This is a photo of an ad by the company that used to sponsor my Dad's softball team in the 60's and 70's. I think that's pretty cool. I don't know why, I just do.

Soooo it's Friday! A funny thing happened today. Let's be clear, I love shoes and I got rid of over 25 pairs when we moved to the new smaller digs so I figure I have just about the right amount now except they keep making cute shoes and I keep looking. Today I was out with my BFF helping her get a few things together for a trip she's taking and I was falling in love with shoes left right and centre. I just kept telling myself that I didn't need new shoes and that I couldn't afford new shoes. Then it happened. My shoe broke in a shoe store!! The strap just ripped right in two and there I was one shoe short of a pair. What the hell! Wouldn't you just know it, I didn't see one pair of shoes in that store that I wanted. What would you do?? I consider myself an industrious woman and I had to do something. So, I asked the clerk for her stapler, stapled the strap together so I could walk to the store where I saw something I liked and I bought myself these...

http://goshopping.thestar.com/shop/product--catId_1002563__locale_en__catCrumbIds_1000002-1002563__productId_3802793.html

I think they are super cute and they are comfy like a sneaker but cute like a flat. finally a shoe to wear with skirts and dresses that I can walk in for hours comfortably. That's kind of a big deal for me. When I went to pay for them, it turns out they were on sale. Bonus! Still, I felt a bit bad about buying them, did I mention I couldn't really afford to be shopping? Anywho, I get home and there is a big stack of mail sitting on the table as my man* has the only mail key and tends to check the mail only once a week or so. For the first time in many years I am getting a refund on my income tax and wouldn't you know it there was that little cheque. It covers my unplanned shoe purchase and helps out with some expenses that I need to clear up. Is it wrong that I believe in a Shoe God??

* you may have noticed that I haven't used any names in referring to people in my life so far. I think I want to keep it that way but I need to figure out what I am going to call the man I live with and am engaged to marry. I have a lot of names that I call him. When you live with someone for a long time you tend to stop using their actual name and just go with nicknames, unless it's something serious. Here are some of the nicknames I actually call him in daily life.

#1 Monkey
#2 Monkey Man
#3 Monka
#4 Man of La Monka
#5 Mr. Bo Dangles (don't ask)
#6 Superman
#7 Asshole
#8 Asshat
#9 Jerk Ass
#10 Fart Knocker

Wow, we are so weird. I can't believe I'm actually putting these out there. I think from now on I will refer to him as Superman or SM. It's not too sucky and it's not one of the names I call him when I'm pissed off at him. I do love him so. You may have guessed I have finally told him about my blog. He hasn't read it yet but I want to be sure to let you know that he is a lovely man and he actually smells pretty good most of the time.
Happy Friday ya'll!
Hope you're enjoying my blog.

No comments:

How cool is this?

How cool is this? Boomchix on sale right here! This widget can be easily added to any html website or blog, facebook and/or myspace page to help promote our debut album "Surprise Surprize". There are image links on the top which allows the user to securely buy and download single mp3's or the whole CD, join our mailing list and/or get the embed code. Pretty cool - check it out!